- 6 king scallops (cleaned and roe removed)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- lemon zest
- olive oil, salt and pepper for cooking and seasoning
- Toast off pine nuts in a dry pan and set aside
- Steam or microwave cauliflower until just soft, then blend with the cream and chipotle, adding a dash of water if necessary to loosen the mix over the blender blades.
- Season to taste then transfer to a saucepan and set on a low heat.
- Pan-fry scallops in a dash of oil in a very hot pan for 60 to 90 seconds on each side.
- Spoon the heated cauliflower cream onto dishes, then place the cooked scallops on top. Garnish with pine nuts and lemon zest.
- You can prepare the recipe ahead of time to the end of step two, and then come back to it later and complete in three minutes to serve.
- I like to serve these as small canapes, but 2-3 scallops per person would be a good entree size if you prefer a larger plate.
Per serving (1 scallop with cauliflower cream):
120kCal, 7.6g fat, 2.95g carb, 10.62g protein.